One of the historic place of Georgia. Church of XIII century. Amazing views on Kvemo Kartli valleys
Beautiful XIII century church. Nice garden and monastery.
Great historic place to visit
Its amazing
Eulad, an ancient Georgian temple proudly standing on a high mountain slope
Tsugrugasheni - XIII century Georgian Orthodox domed church in Bolnisi municipality, two km from Sioni Bolnisi, on the river. On the right bank of Bolnistskali, on a mountain slope. The inscriptions of the church mention King George and the builder of the church Hasan Arsen. According to Rene Schmerling, King George mentioned in the inscriptions is George Lasha, e. ი. The monument was built during his reign in 1212-1222.According to the plan, Tsugrugasheni belongs to the Betania-Kvatakhevi-Fitareti group, but it is smaller and the neck of the dome has strong azid proportions. The building is in an elongated rectangle from east to west from the outside. The inner space is made up of 4 arms of the cross, of which only the eastern arm is finished with an apse. On both sides of the altar there are storerooms with 2 floors, in the lower floors of which there is a vestibule and a diacontium. To the north the church has a later annex, apparently the ancestral crypt-egvter. Colored stones are used in the church with special care: warm yellowish gold, wine and blue. The monument is richly decorated with luxurious carvings. The edges of the neck of the dark yellow stone dome and the pale yellow stone cornice are especially skillfully drawn.On November 7, 2006, by the decree of the President of Georgia, it was awarded the category of a real cultural monument of national importance [
One of the important monuments of Georgian culture is St. Tsugrugashani. Giorgi. It is inspiring.
Tsugrugasheni (წუღრუღაშენი) is a 13th-century temple in the Bolnisi District of Georgia. In fact, it is a monastery, but the monastery buildings are small and inconspicuous, so it is more logical to perceive the Tsugrugasheni as a temple. Like the temples of Pitareti or Gudareha, it represents, as it were, the final chord of Georgian architecture of the Golden Age. Now the temple appeared to be in the shadow of the famous Bolnisi Zion and became a kind of application to it.StoryIt is known that the temple was built somewhere between 1212 and 1222, during the reign of George IV. There is an assumption that later it was slightly rebuilt, because the decoration of the dome is somewhat different in style from the design of the facades. This is almost everything that is known about the history of this place.The etymology of the name is not very clear. The -shan formant may have the meaning of build - in this form it is also found in the Armenian language, but came from Pahlavi (Middle Persian). It is present, for example, in the name BadakhshanThe temple is located 11 kilometers from the city of Bolnisi and 2 kilometers from the village of Bolnisi - east of the river. It is clearly visible from the village of Bolnisi and from the Bolnisi-Poladauri road. Near almost no buildings, the place is quite deserted.
It is reminiscent of the temples of Fitar and Bethany. The dome throat decorations are extraordinarily beautiful. Among the temples built during the reign of Lasha-George is one of the distinguished buildings. Beautiful views.
Amazing decorations, a miracle.
The most beautiful of the monasteries of Georgia
A beautiful temple
Tsugrugasheni - XIII century Georgian Orthodox domed temple in Bolnisi municipality, about two kilometers from Bolnisi Sioni On the right bank of Bolnisistskali, on the mountain slope. Church inscriptions mention George King and son of church builder Hassan Arsen. According to Rene Schmerling, George King George Lasha is mentioned in the inscriptions. I. The monument was built during his reign in 1212-1222.The Tsugrugasheni plan belongs to the group of Bethany-Kvetakhevi-Fitareti, but it is smaller and has a dome-shaped throat. The building lies in a rectangle extending from east to east to west. The inner space is made up of 4 arms of the cross, of which only the eastern arm is completed with an apse. There are 2 storeys on either side of the altar with lower floors and a dining room on the lower floors. To the north of the church there is a Late Late Ecclesiastical, apparently ancestral crypt. Colored stones are used in the church with special sophistication: warm yellowish gold, wine and blue. The statue is richly decorated with rich decorations. Especially masterful are the throats of the dark yellow-colored stone dome and the goose yellow stone cornice.
💫💫💫💖💖💖💖